Trauma | Chester Regional Medical Center
Expert care for complex musculoskeletal trauma
Orthopedic trauma is a branch of orthopedic surgery specializing in treatment of severe musculoskeletal injuries and related complications. Chester Regional Medical Center ’s orthopedic trauma surgeons treat everything from injuries following accidents and falls, to chronic orthopedic conditions and the most severe cases of multiple trauma. Our orthopedic trauma team draws on the expertise of other specialists as needed, offering high-quality, integrated care.
Chester Regional Medical Center’s orthopedic trauma team uses the latest in surgical advances, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery for fractures and soft-tissue repairs. We provide a full range of services, including:
- Bone and joint transplantation
- Care for infected fractures and osteomyelitis
- Complex soft-tissue reconstruction, including large tendon and muscle repairs
- Correction of post-traumatic deformities
- Treatment of acute, non-healing (nonunions) or improperly healing (malunions) fractures
- Pelvis and acetabulum surgery
- Treatment of bacterial infections
- Minimally invasive bone grafting
- Reconstruction of pelvis/hip, foot/ankle and upper extremity
- Rehabilitative care to improve mobility, strength and endurance
Our orthopedic trauma team is focused on helping our patients regain as much mobility and functioning as possible.