Laboratory Services (Pathology) | Chester Regional Medical Center
Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
At Chester Regional Medical Center, our state-of-the-art testing, integrated medical records, and excellent service are a key part of our comprehensive care. Our laboratory professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease.
Chester Regional Medical Center’s laboratories are dedicated to high-quality service and patient-centered care. Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Anatomic Pathology from 8 am until 4 pm, or later if circumstances warrant
- Consultative on-site pathology coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Diagnostic Testing
- Drug & Treatment Monitoring
- Health Screening Testing
- Inpatient care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Outpatient services from 7 am to 6 pm, or later if circumstances warrant
- Transfusion Services Departments within the Laboratory include
- Anatomic Pathology
- Blood Bank
- Special Chemistry
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.