About ER Wait Times
The Chester County Hospital was renamed to Chester Regional Medical Center on October 1, 2004. This hospital has been serving the medical needs of Chester County with caring staff and up-to-date facilities and equipment since 1952.
The Chester County Hospital was formally opened September 14, 1952, and replaced the Pryor Hospital. This structure, located 2 miles south of Chester on Route 97 opened with 74 beds. Now the facility site consists of 82 acute care hospital beds and 100 nursing home beds, four medical office buildings and four ancillary buildings clustered on land contiguous to the facility. The site is accessible via Interstate 77, which connects to Highway Nos. 9, 97 and 321, major regional transportation arteries.
History of the Facilities on Campus